Admission is a two-fold process designed to provide parents with the opportunity to learn more about the school, its philosophy and policies, and its people. The admissions procedure is as follows:
- Your family tours School in the Hills.
- Parents complete the application and return it with the non-refundable registration fee to School in the Hills’ Head of School.
- Parents make an appointment to meet for Meet the Teacher and child evaluation.
- The Teaching Team and Head of School review the application and all necessary information and make a decision.
- When the applicant is accepted, an enrollment packet is sent.
- A student is formally admitted when the signed agreement and applicable fees are received by the office. If there is not an available spot in the desired program, the child is placed on a waiting list. Parents are contacted when the spot is available and a start date is agreed upon.
Tuition is paid on a monthly basis and is due on the first of the month and considered late after the 5th day of each month.
Tuition is not pro-rated under any circumstances including but not limited to illness, vacation, natural disaster and weather.
Tuition may be revised by School in the Hills upon written notification of the parents. In general there will be an annual increase in tuition.
A deposit of half of one month’s tuition is required at the time of signing your Secured Start Date Agreement and is refunded only when a 30 day written notice is given and all financial obligations, including all outstanding late fees, have been satisfied. There is one deposit due per family.
Deposit refunds are mailed to you 4 – 6 weeks after withdrawal. Your deposit may not be used in lieu of final tuition payment.