At School in the Hills we like to see parents involved in their child’s school life. Volunteering gives parents a vehicle to accomplish this.
- Brown Bag – take home items to cut for classroom/school projects
- Room Parent – organize volunteer efforts for the classroom, plan and execute class parties, help keep reading parents assigned to your child’s class
- Community Service Organizer – organize a committee, execute, collect and deliver community service projects
- Parent Reader – visit your child’s classroom and read
- Parent at the Ready – work in the classroom to help with class activities
- Work Day – campus spruce up on scheduled weekends
- Art Exhibit – help organize and execute an art exhibit filled with work from our children
- Science Fair – help organize and execute a science fair of experiments from our families
- Listen to Readers – emergent readers need ears
- Picture Day – help get children freshened up for pictures & aide photographer with the process. Help to change children when pictures are finished.
- Holiday Helpers – organize and execute holiday activities and parties
- Cultural Studies Celebration – once a month festival beginning in January, food, crafts, games and fun.
- Staff Appreciation – help to organize and set up events to show our appreciation of the teachers and staff at School in the Hills
- Uniform Sales – help sort, organize and sell donated uniforms – proceeds go to the Parent Volunteer Group for staff appreciation events
- Field Trip Helpers – attend field trips and help as needed
- Scholastic Books – help sort order forms, organize for ordering, help sort and distribute when book orders arrive