Admission is a two-fold process designed to provide parents with the opportunity to learn more about the school, its philosophy and policies, and its people. We think of enrolling families, not just students, and our goal is to select families who will both benefit from and contribute to what School in the Hills has to offer. The admissions procedure is as follows:
- Your family tours School in the Hills.
- Parents complete the application and return it with the non-refundable registration fee to School in the Hills’ Head of School.
- Parents make an appointment for Meet the Teacher and child evaluation.
- The Teaching Team and Head of School review the application and all necessary information and make a decision.
- When the applicant is accepted, an enrollment packet is sent.
- A student is formally admitted when the signed agreement and applicable fees are received by the office. If there is not an available spot in the desired program, the child is placed on a waiting list. Parents are contacted when the spot is available and a start date is agreed upon.
Tuition is paid on a monthly basis and is due on the first of the month. A late charge of $25 will be assessed after the 5th day of each month. In the event of a returned check, a $35 fee will be charged. Children may not be admitted if their parents’ accounts are not up to date, or if their parents have not made other arrangements for payment acceptable to the school. Siblings are offered a 10% discount on the lesser tuition. Tuition paid in advance for the 10-month school year receives a 5% discount.
Tuition is not pro-rated due to absence or vacation. Tuition may be revised by School in the Hills upon written notification of the parents. In general there will be an annual increase in tuition.
A deposit of half of a month’s tuition is required at the time of enrollment and is refunded only when a 30-day written notice is given and all financial obligations, including all outstanding late fees, have been satisfied. There is one deposit per family due.
Deposit refunds are mailed to you 4-6 weeks after withdrawal.
There is a Registration fee of $200 per child for new students, $125 for returning students. This fee is due upon enrollment and annually at the enrollment renewal drive.
There is a supply fee due at enrollment, and annually at the re-enrollment renewal drive. This fee covers the cost of the Enrichment program and is pro-rated for part-time enrollees. There is a summer supply fee charged in June for our students that attend year round to cover summer activities.
There is a limited amount of tuition assistance available for families who would not be able to join our community without such help. Priority is given to students who are currently enrolled in the school. Applications are available in the Admissions Office.